Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jesus Answers Prayer!


Welcome to my new blog, dedicated to praising Jesus, Savior of the world and Lord of my life!

I know, I know... those of you who know me are probably asking yourselves, "What on earth is Greg doing, starting ANOTHER blog, when he already has enough of a hard time keeping his other blogs current???"  Well, I was sitting at work today, when the Lord impressed upon me to start a blog about answered prayers.

In times of doubt or trial, I always find renewed faith and strength, when I think back to the many times in my life, when Jesus answered my prayer in indisputably miraculous ways.  Carrying that idea a step further, I plan on using this blog as a "fellowship cafe" of sorts, where I publish readers' true tales of answered prayers.  It will serve as an encouragement to the saved, a witness to the doubters, and a sweet psalm of praise to our God and King.

To be continued...

4 comments:

Gigi said...

I LOVE IT!!! And I'm adding it to my blogroll right this very minute! I know this blog will be a blessing in many lives...mine included! See what happens when we're obedient?!

Jeff said...

There were a number of times when I had incredible answers to prayer. Just to name one, at one college I was attending, I needed a specific amount of money to pay my tuition, which I did not have. If I remember correctly, I knelt down beside my bed and prayed about it. Then I went out and checked my mail. In the mailbox was a check for the EXACT amount that I needed!

OK, well, I'll mention one more. Years ago, I was looking for a car to buy. I have always bought used cars, because my dad always taught me that there was no reason to buy a new car, unless you could easily afford it and had plenty of money to pay for it. Anyway, I had been looking for months. Finally, one night I decided to take it to the Lord, and I seriously prayed about it. The next day, someone had a car for sale. I talked to them on the phone, and I went to their house. At their house, I saw one car which was obviously their own car, because it looked new and it was really nice. I saw another car in their yard, which was really junky-looking, so I knew that must have been the one for sale. The price they were asking was really low, which was another sign that it had to be the junky car. I knocked on the door, and they told me that it was the new-looking, really nice car that was the one for sale! I could not believe it! I looked at the car again, the one that I knew could not be the one for sale, especially at that incredibly low price, and I knew the Lord had answered my prayer!

There have also been many, many (probably countless) answers to prayers that are not so dramatic.

In addition, there have been a few other answers to prayer that are so astounding and incredible that I don't really like to talk about them, because very few people, including Christians, will believe me. It's even sometimes hard for me to believe they actually happened. And yet, nothing is impossible for God.

Greg said...

It's so awesome to hear that you're so into my new blog, Gigi!

Jeff, it's those incredible answers to prayer that I'm after! Please pray about sharing them. :)

Wifey said...

What are you doing, starting another blog??? Kidding! Love this idea!

I'd love to hear Jeff's amazing answers to prayer, too. I'd believe them!! :-)